Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Don't Know What You Got (Til Its Gone)

A friend of mine came up to me today virtually bubbling over, telling me she has something to tell me. She is the water polo coach at UT and they had just made it to nationals. I thought it had something to do with that. She told me it was about T. I got nervous because usually it isn't good news. My stomach dropped. She said that she was talking with him before practice the other day. He mentioned that I was helping out with his groups. Karen piped up and said 'so are y'all dating yet or what?' Apparently he got this silly smile on his face and shrugged his shoulders. He proceeded to not deny liking me (note: this is a second hand story), but said that he felt it might be awkward since we worked together. Karen replied that almost 50% of relationships come from the work place, a friend of T's commented that 50% are messed up. She said that was no way to look at a possible relationship, and that if that was the only thing holding him back then that was silly. She also mentioned how we are grown up, responsible adults that could easily set boundaries for the work place if need be. She then told him that he needs to find another job. Ha

I'm not sure what his response was to all that, but if I know T the way I do, I'm sure there was some shifty eye movement and head nodding. Ha. I'm glad that Karen stepped up and said something. Someone needed to kick him in the pants. At the very least I know he has thought about it. Which in some twisted way means that he's thought about me, and maybe I'm not that ugly duckling I thought, he thought, I was. Maybe. (Or maybe it has something to do with my amazingly athletic abilities...LOL!)

I know, my darling readers, that you are just about as sick of reading about this cat and mouse game, as I am of writing about it. Unfortunately, this is a boy I see day in and day out, I've had a crush on him since the get go, and I'm still not tired of him. There have been other guys, but the truth of the matter is a small part of me always felt guilty...even when I was (very unsuccessfully) trying to quit my T addiction.

His actions, after I made a fuss about leaving the team, make sense now. He doesn't want to date me while we work together. I guess I can understand that. Some days I don't want to work with me. Ha.

Not sure where things are going to go from here. I surely do not want to scare him off, which I always worry about it him. My first thought was to ask him out on a Saturday morning breakfast date to Taco C....since he was in line behind me last week, and we basically go there every morning practice anyways. Keep It Simple Stupid.

But for now, I'm going to bask in the story that made my day. He might, kinda, sorta, maybe, likes me. At least I know people are pulling for me. C'mon T!

There’s still hope between the dreams/The weight of it all could blow away with a breeze/But if you’re waiting on the wind/Don’t forget to breathe

No comments:

Post a Comment