Monday, April 13, 2009

Let It Be Me

I really think I've been too busy and stressed to think lately. I can always come up with some word vomit for my faithful readers though. It's been a while so here's a quick recap: I ended up having to take one of those girls to the ER for a double ear infection, a sinus infection,and pink eye. Nurse Betty was back in action. After those girls left I have never ever felt so relieved in my life. Since their departure our Head Coach has asked me to come in and help Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday mornings...which completely fucks up my schedule. I'm already on a terrible sleeping pattern without the added stress of getting up at 4:15AM...believe me it sucks when you can't get to sleep until well after 2. The extra hours are a nice bonus....until I found out that Dickweed Doug is opening a national search for an Associate Head Coach...Waiittt a second; what about the hiring and salary freeze, Doug? Ooh...you got an exemption? And your current staff is....?? What?? Chopped Liver? I'm what?... Wasting my time? Ooh, and I'm not good enough? Aw, you're swell Dougie Fresh. You big bastard. It honestly makes me feel like the last five years have been a colossal waste of time.

I was quite frustrated one day at practice and blurted out something to Tom and Neil that I probably shouldn't have. It was something along the lines of "He's a dick, I'm officially looking for a new job." Oddly enough it took an adverse affect with Tom...since then he has gone out of his way to say Please, Thank you, ask for my opinion, swim next to me, we've had civil convo's, he's made sure I was involved in decisions, and he I even got a kind of invite to his families ranch sometime this summer. I'm still trying to quit him. But I'm not going out cold turkey.


I did get to have an amazing convo with Kris this week. He will never know what a mentor he has been for me. He is down right hilarious, and full of great wisdom though the man will never give you a straight answer because he wants you to do whats best for you. He did tell me about a little story about Randy. He told me that Randy was talking about me in the men's office one day. The long and the short of it was that Randy really admired me, my work, and my willingness to help out. I had no idea Randy even really knew my name so it was quite nice to hear this compliment. Maybe Kris was telling me to call Randy up and make Clearwater, FL my new residence.

I've also had an old college ex-boyfriend of mine texting the crap outta me lately, saying the the weirdest stuff. I eventually stopped answering back. His last text was "I'm coming to Austin." Yikes. No thanks. He was a compulsive liar, huge druggie, and into steroids....all this I found out after we stopped dating. Hmmmmm. I'd like to think I am way older and wiser. He's also a contributor to my ridiculously high standards.

Along the same lines another weird incident happened while T and I went over to a guys house to watch Final Four games. The guy and I work together. He said we could come over, drink, watch the games, and order pizza. Sounds fun enough. It happened to be the same day that the girls left and I was already exhausted and in a not so good mood. I fell asleep on the floor of his apt after one beer. Thank goodness T was there. I woke up and had a text from him saying "I wish T would leave so we could hang out"...creepy...so at that point I was looking for any excuse to get out of there. But the texts kept-a-comin. "you can stay, I'll wake you up in the morning," "why can't we ever hang out alone", etc. Ewwwwwwww. I immediately left. Poor T.

I tried to give him (as I do everyone) the benefit of the doubt. But he wasn't drunk. I have never given off any vibe to him...duh....because of the OTHER coach I tend to send my vibes to. There was no reason for his actions. This has happened once before but he was beyond wasted, and looking for anything to hump on. I guess I should have learned my lesson then. Needless to say, its semi-awkward at work. Ha.

Lets see...what else...I had Easter with my suroggate fam, saw Fast and Furious (amazzzingg..ly yummy), got my taxes done and broke even (Thank God), and also had my identity stolen on one of my bank accounts. Wahoo.

I guess I did find something to talk about. Glad I got that off my chest.

There comes a time/a time in everyones life/where nothin seems to go the way/where nothin seems to turn out right/there may come a time/ya just can't seem to find your place/for every door you open/seems like you get two slammed in your face/thats when you need someone/someone that you can count on/when all your faith is gone/it feels like you can't go on/let it me be/if its a friend that you need/let it be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment